Evening! It’s been a busy week with work and play, so I thought I’d do a round-up in the form of this week’s 5 nicest things… in fact, this is now going to become a regular Sunday post! 🙂
- Impromptu dinner at Cote Bistro, Richmond with a friend on Tuesday. I do like the simplicity of this chain of bistros and the Richmond branch is everyday packed full of diners taking advantage of the great value, classic French cuisine. My choice is always the steak frites.
- Cinema night on Wednesday. The plan was to see Prisoners at Cine World, Wandsworth but on arrival we discovered that it hadn’t been released yet! So we ended up going to see The Call with Halle Berry… This was one of the scariest films I’ve seen in a while and I ended up watching most of it from behind my scarf!
- Work awards do at The Grand Connaught Rooms, Covent Garden on Friday evening. It was the 2013 Conference & Incentive Travel Awards, with the great and the good from the events industry in attendance. Our agency was shortlisted for an award and although we unfortunately didn’t win, we had a fun evening, nonetheless. And it’s always fabulous to have an excuse to dress up and don my sparkly Gina shoes!
- Night out in Soho with the girls on Saturday. We had planned to eat at the much-talked about Burger & Lobster but whilst it was tempting, the waiting list was 3 hours! So we opted to go to the nearby Soho Joe for cheap and cheerful burgers and drinks instead. The evening was topped off by scrummy cocktails at Dean Street Townhouse.
- Running & Yoga. All this eating and drinking needs to be worked off! I went for a lovely run in the sunshine along the Thames this morning and tonight forced myself back into hot yoga after a break over the summer. It was tough but so good to be back!
I’m already looking forward to seeing what next week’s 5 nicest things will be…
Have an awesome week!