Yesterday I popped into Somerset House to have a browse around London Fashion Weekend, share a glass of bubbles with friends and catch Julien Macdonald’s Catwalk Show.
I didn’t buy anything but I do have my eye on some gorgeous trousers from Paper London, as seen here in their AW13 Look Book, although not currently available to buy. Boo 😦
I thought I’d take this opportunity to round-up some of my favourite designers from this year’s London Fashion Week SS14 collections…
- Jonathan Saunders – A collection of pretty floral colours, embroideries, and prints on sumptuous satin and other luxurious textures.
- House of Holland – An abundance of sexy shapes, dominated by checks and floral prints in typically bold and bright colours.
- Osman – Classic, flattering styles complete with soft pastel shades, and beautiful prints. Understated but elegant.
- Mulberry – Satin, leather, sheer fabrics, neutral tones, with a sprinkle of print made for a sexy, stylish collection.
- Holly Fulton – Lots of lavender colour with a splash of coral, and subtle prints dominated the flowing, feminine 70s-inspired line-up.
As the nights are closing in, and autumn seems to have taken its hold over summer, these collections are really making me pine for the summer.
The only silver-lining is that with winter, comes gorgeous boots, chunky knits and cosy nights in front of Strictly Come Dancing. I don’t know about you but I’m looking forward to watching Julien Macdonald trade the bling of the catwalk for the bling of the dance floor.