Love without Expectations
Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview & today’s #TheChainofInspiration at 4pm to accompany that last cup of tea before the weekend…
Natasha Lakic, an international make-up artist was my 9th Chain of Inspiration interviewee two weeks ago. I’m delighted today to introduce Natasha’s chosen interviewee – Dalva Serrano, in Puerto Rico. Over to you Natasha!
Dalva is working for the US government in Puerto Rico, but is also studying to become a canine nutritionist. She’s incredibly devoted to her dogs & is always helping owners by giving advice on canine care all over the world.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a home economics teacher or a chef.
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? I have so many dreams, including retirement, become physically fit & healthy & pursuing my studies in canine nutrition.
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? My six beautiful dogs. They are my pride & joy. Also achieving my dream of a big shore house.
- How did you come to work with dogs? I was so afraid of dogs. Lola, a miniature schnauzer was given to me to help cure my dog phobia. Because of her I got interested in dogs.
- What is it you love most about dogs? Dogs give unconditional love & I learned through them, to give & love without expectations.
- What advice do you have for anyone looking to get a dog? Do research the breed that suits your lifestyle & know that it is a full-time commitment.
- What other advice do you have for anyone who wants to become a canine nutritionist? Draft a plan with short & long term goals, do lots of research, identify people that can be mentors & use social media as a method of exposure.
- What other passions take up your time? I love baking & reading.
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Sean Penn, Anthony Bourdain, Anthony Hopkins, Anderson Cooper, Isabel Allende.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? Insect repellent, water, a blanket, my i-pad & a flashlight.
Thanks Natasha & Dalva! I’ve recently heard about other therapy with animals, such as horses, & I’m not surprised it’s so effective.
Dalva now takes over the baton & will interview someone who inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 28 June.
Have a lovely weekend!
By Sarah Mayo