The Challenge of Running…
Welcome to #WellbeingWednesday.
One of my New Year Resolutions was to get a PB (Personal Best) in the Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon. While the PB escaped me, it was still a great challenge to work towards.
And I’ve just received a last call email to register for the popular 2014 Brighton Half Marathon on Sunday 16 February. This has prompted today’s #5aday of my top running events in the UK. It’s never too soon to start working towards that next challenge.
- Brighton Half Marathon 2014, Sunday 16 February – Places are going fast. I ran this in 2010 & loved being on the South Coast.
- Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon 2014, Sunday 2 March – A great race on this famous race circuit. Home of my PB in 2010.
- Thames Riverside 20, March – Great pre-Marathon 20-mile warm-up race along the beautiful Thames from Putney.
- Mull of Kintyre Hall Marathon, May – I now understand why it was voted UK’s no. 1 half by Runner’s World in 2010.
- Bupa Great North Run, September – Amazing. This was my first ever running challenge with my brother back in 1999.
5 fabulous running challenges to plan towards, but which will finish in first place in today’s #WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot?
Today’s #WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot goes to #4 Mull of Kintyre Hall Marathon – I am bias of course but the beach section is stunning! Now to plan my next challenge & to run after that elusive PB!
By Sarah Mayo