I’ve recently started a new job which means that I can walk to work… bliss! The only downside to this is I now don’t get to read as much as I did before on the commute.
Today’s #BookClubMonday #5aday features the last 5 books that I’ve read.
- The Zahir by Paulo Coelho – A story of love & loss & the pursuit of happiness in marriage.
- Game of Thrones by George RR Martin – Wanted to find out what all the fuss was about… Addicted.
- Room by Emma Donoghue – Beauty can be born out of evil. Heartbreaking tale set in horrific surroundings.
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger – Finally read this quirky, charismatic & nostalgic classic.
- Fifty Years On by Mardi Parker – My grandmother’s tale of crossing the Atlantic during the war 70 years ago.
An eclectic mix of stories & genres but which will be crowned in today’s #BookClubMonday #GTopSpot?
#BookClubMonday #GTopSpot goes to #3 Room by Emma Donoghue – told from the perspective of a 5 year-old boy, this has to be read.
Now to carve out more time for reading…
By Sarah Mayo