Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview & today’s #TheChainofInspiration at 4pm to accompany that last cup of tea before the weekend…
Miranda Wilkinson, a PR and business owner was my 8th Chain of Inspiration interviewee two weeks ago. I’m delighted today to introduce Miranda’s chosen interviewee – Natasha Lakic, an international make-up artist. Over to you Miranda!
Natasha has over a decade of experience working on some of the best faces in the industry such as Rosie Huntingdon-Whiteley, Sienna Miller & Kate Moss. She has created looks at shows for top fashion brands like Chanel Couture, YSL, Givenchy & Matthew Williamson.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? So many things, it would change from archaeologist, sculptor, artist to fashion designer & singer. I still want to be all those things!
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? To be healthy & to travel more. And I really want to learn to play drums!
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? Music.
- How did you become a make-up artist? I always used to do my friends’ make-up but never considered it as a career. I have to say that one of my friends inspired me to go for it.
- What is it you love most about make-up? The power to transform the face & with it, the personality. It’s fun but at the same time can be life changing.
- What tips can you give to any wannabe make-up artists? Find a make-up artist that you admire & like the style of make-up & try to assist them if you can. You’ll learn so much.
- What other advice do you have for anyone who wants to set up their own business? It’s tough to follow your dream so you have to love what you’re doing. At the same time, it’s a real privilege to make a living doing something you love.
- What other passions take up your time? I like to drive to new places & take walks with my dogs. I like reading & learning new things. Gardening. Also I spend unhealthy amounts of time talking to friends who live all over the world.
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Dave Grohl, George Carlin, Kate Moss, Sheldon Cooper & Richard Branson.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? Radio, sunblock, pack of cards, a hat & a knife.
Natasha now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 14 June.
Have a lovely weekend!
By Sarah Mayo