Welcome back to #GTime & #WellbeingWednesday! So, it’s currently World Foot Awareness Month… And having just completed my 2nd running challenge of the year, I feel it’s time to give my feet a rest & some well-deserved TLC.
Also with summer hopefully just around the corner, it’s time to get those feet ready to be exposed to the world… Today’s #5aday is 5 steps to happy feet, particularly for all those runners out there.
- Treat yourself to a pedicure. I love the Rainforest Spa from Kleo, Richmond – Exfoliate & moisturise with hot wax.
- Top off with a lovely bright, coral nail polish. My favourite colour of the moment is OPI’s I mainly eat lobster. Perfect for summer.
- Don’t ignore your feet between pedicures. Keep them moisturised daily with Body Shop’s Peppermint Foot Rescue.
- Check (& change) your trainers. I’ve just had a foot scan at Sporting Feet, Richmond & have been wearing supported trainers when I shouldn’t!
- And as a lover of shoes, show off your freshly pampered feet in these gorgeous Pied A Terre sandals at £150.
Finally, as if you need any further encouragement to look after your feet, I read a disturbing article in last week’s Metro… which revealed that up to 80 types of fungi can be found on our heels & 40 between the toes. Disgusting!!
5 steps to happy feet… Boys, I suggest you also get booked in for that pedicure too!
By Sarah Mayo