Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview & today’s #TheChainofInspiration at 4pm to accompany that last cup of tea before the weekend…
Alicia Davies, a professional actress was my 7th Chain of Inspiration interviewee at the beginning of May. I’m delighted today to introduce Alicia’s chosen interviewee – Miranda Wilkinson, a PR and business owner. Over to you Alicia!
Miranda is from London where she runs her own PR firm called Brand PR, specialising in beauty, fashion & more. She’s brilliant & funny.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be lots of different things, it changed every month, but mainly a ballerina.
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? To be healthy & happy – if you have both those gifts you can do anything.
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? My Mum – she brought me up single-handedly & gave me one of the most privileged, diverse childhoods anyone could wish for.
- How did you become a PR? I fell into it, I started helping out my neighbour when I stopped dancing and I thought I can do this!
- What is it you love most about being a PR? The variety. It covers so many areas, writing, strategy, planning, events & meeting many different people which is always fun!
- What tips can you give to any wannabe PRs? Be prepared to work hard! PR isn’t all glamour, there is a lot of hard graft that goes on behind the scenes. Prove you can handle it & you will do well.
- What other advice do you have for anyone who wants to set up their own business? Go for it! But make wise decisions, don’t try to run before you can walk & be objective.
- What other passions take up your time? Reading, foreign cinema, fashion, art & my Dad!
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Margot Fonteyn, Cary Grant, Julia Margaret Cameron, Joaquin Pheonix & Joni Mitchell.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? Sunblock, notebook, pencil, wind-up radio & a pillow.
Thanks Alicia & Miranda! It’s a delight to showcase another brilliantly inspiring female & fellow communications professional!
Miranda now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 31 May.
Have a lovely weekend!
By Sarah Mayo