Keep on Running
Welcome to #WellbeingWednesday… The countdown is now on for the Mull of Kintyre half marathon on Sunday 26 May. There’s not much more training I can do now, it’s just a question of staying fit, healthy & uninjured!
Today’s #WellbeingWednesday #5aday is 5 top tips for anyone training for a run, be it 10k, half or more…
- Follow a good training schedule. Read this previous blog for a snapshot weekly running programme to get you started.
- Get the right trainers – you should be replacing them every 400 miles. Read this previous blog for top running shoe tips.
- Run to a good audio book! Read this previous blog for recommendations of thrillers to keep you gripped on those long runs.
- Find earphones that don’t slip when you get hot & sweaty! Yurbuds twist in & are guaranteed not to fall out.
- Stock up on Bodyglide Anti-Chafe Balm to prevent chaffing from head to toe. It’s long-lasting & easy to apply!
5 useful tips which have helped me through my training & now I hope they can help you with yours!
Keep on running!
By Sarah Mayo