Escape the City
Happy #ThursdayFriday! Last weekend’s Bank Holiday got me thinking about countryside breaks. I do love London on a Bank Holiday, but with another bank holiday weekend at the end of the month, my thoughts are now turning to a weekend’s escape to the country…
So, today’s #5aday blog features 5 beautiful countryside retreats in glorious surroundings… all within 2 hours of London.
- Barnsley House – Stylish contemporary country-house retreat in the Cotswolds with stunning feature gardens.
- Cowley Manor – Mix of Cotswolds’ stately home grandeur with chic interior design of a city boutique hotel.
- Fawsley Hall – Beautiful hotel in gorgeous Northamptonshire surroundings. Relax in award-winning Grayshott Spa.
- The Royal Oak – Opt for one of the cute cottages & enjoy delicious food at this lovely pub in East Lavant, Sussex.
- Whatley Manor – Grand Cotswold retreat with Swiss influence. More traditional than trendy. Sensational spa.
Relax and be pampered at one of these 5 stunning countryside retreats but which one offers the best escapism in today’s #GTopSpot?
Today’s #ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #1 Barnsley House – A hidden gem in the Cotswolds. Utterly charming. G x
By Sarah Mayo