Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview & today’s #TheChainofInspiration at 4pm to accompany that last cup of tea before the weekend…
Karen Munnis, a UK fashion stylist & brand consultant was my last interviewee 3 weeks ago. I’m delighted today to introduce Karen’s chosen interviewee – Alicia Davies, a professional actress. Over to you Karen!
Alicia is from West London & has been a professional actress for nearly 25 years. She is currently on tour around Australia with The National Theatre, playing in ‘One Man, Two Guvnors’.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I always knew I wanted to be an actor. I started as a child actor aged 7, so I grew up with it in my blood really.
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? That Dominic Mohan of The Sun remove naked pictures of women from Page 3. I passionately support the @NoMorePage3 campaign.
- How did you become an actress? I started doing small parts in TV shows, commercials & movies, worked in theatre at 11 & later trained at LAMDA drama school.
- What is it you love most about being an actor? To change an audience in some way – to make people laugh, cry, remember an old love & forget the stresses of life for 2 hours.
- Which actors inspire you and why? Diane Keaton – a true comedian, Mark Rylance – a chameleon, Anne Hathaway – for making musical theatre work in Les Miserables & Amy Adams.
- What tips can you give to any wannabe actors? Only become an actor if there is nothing else that could make you happy. It’s a hard path to choose, so you need to love it with your heart & soul.
- What other advice would you give to someone who wants to be an actor? Educate your mind, travel, listen to people’s stories, become secure in who you are… THEN go to drama school. Life experience is the best tool at an actor’s disposal.
- What other passions take up your time? My friends & my huge family first. Singing, walking, dancing, museums & I like a good biography.
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Elizabeth Taylor, Richard Dawkins, The Pope, Germaine Greer & Amy Winehouse.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? A Swiss Army knife, Lucas Paw Paw ointment, a fully loaded iPod, a pencil & a note book.
Thanks Karen & Alicia! One Man, Two Guvnors is one of my fave shows, so it’s an absolute honour to feature Alicia today.
Alicia now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 17 May.
Enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend… the weather’s looking promising!
By Sarah Mayo