Live in the Present
Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview & today’s #TheChainofInspiration at 4pm to accompany that last cup of tea before the weekend!
At the end of March, Katie Quinn of Downtown Betty, was my fifth interviewee in #TheChainofInspiration. I’m delighted today to introduce our next interviewee – Karen Munnis, a UK Fashion Stylist & Brand Consultant. Over to you Katie!
Karen has over 8 years experience working in print media & the film & television industry, working with clients such as Vogue UK, Glamour UK & Britain’s Next Top Model. She has also worked with celebrities such as Chloe Sevigny, Lou Doillon, JLS, Olly Murs & Stephen Rea to name a few.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to have three jobs – to be a baker, hairdresser and a psychologist.
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? To grow my brand, to live in the present & for the compassion & consideration of all beings.
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? The thought of coffee or a good yoga practice usually does it.
- How did you become a Fashion Stylist? I moved to London after University & started interning on various magazines.
- Which designers inspire you and why? Miuccia Prada for her ability to be continually innovative & Nicolas Ghesquiere for his incredible craftsmanship & impeccable tailoring.
- What is it you love most about being a stylist? The diversity & range of the projects & working amongst very talented people.
- What tips can you give to any wannabe stylists? Intern & assist people whenever possible. You learn the most valuable skills on the job or by making mistakes. Be persistent.
- What other passions take up your time? Practicing yoga, riding my bike, watching films & scouring for vintage finds.
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? David Letterman, Diane Keaton, Duchamp, Marie Colvin, Katherine Hepburn.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? Someone handsome & handy, a few bikinis, a Swiss Army knife with tweezers, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos & Linda Farrow sunglasses.
Thanks Katie & Karen! As always, it’s wonderful to showcase yet another inspirational female, doing what she loves!
Karen now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 3 May.
Right, I’m now off to France for a few days, so taking some #GTimeOut! #GTime will be back next Sunday 21 April. Have a great weekend!