Happy Easter & welcome to #SundayTimes & today’s #GTime… Today is also the day of the 159th Oxford v. Cambridge Boat Race on the Thames between Putney & Mortlake.
So, having lived in the area over the last 14 years, today’s #5aday is a pub crawl of great watering holes & eateries along the course.
- Putney (The Start) – the Boathouse Putney – great for drinks al fresco in summer & the Jolly Gardeners – perfect for winter drinks.
- Hammersmith – the Old Ship – lovely for all day drinking & River Cafe – for a special lunch or dinner, especially in summer.
- Barnes – The Sun Inn – get cosy with a glass of red in winter & the Brown Dog – lovely for a Sunday lunch.
- Chiswick – Annie’s – great spot for brekkie & High Road Brasserie – for lunch outside on a beautiful day.
- Mortlake (The Finish) – The Depot Brasserie – for a fabulous evening meal & Mango & Silk – for a delicious curry.
5 great areas to enjoy a drink or a bite to eat in South/West London. I do a lot of my running along the Thames towpath… It’s such a beautiful part of London & I can’t wait to enjoy it this coming summer.
Happy Easter everyone! Enjoy the rest of the long weekend.