Make it Happen
Afternoon! Welcome to
#TheFridayInterview and today’s #TheChainofInspiration… And as it’s International Women’s Day, it’s the perfect day to feature another inspirational interview with yet another inspirational female!
Two weeks ago Erica Blitz was my third interviewee in #TheChainofInspiration. I’m delighted this afternoon to welcome Erica’s chosen interviewee Krista Watters of Bhavana Yoga Boutique in Canada. Over to you Erica!
Krista is from Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada. She is one of the brightest women leaders in her community, running her own business. ‘Bhavana’ is a lifestyle boutique & through Krista’s work with Ayurveda, Aromatherapy & Yoga, she’s empowered many to transform their lives.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A nurse & a gardener & in my early teens I realised you could use plants to heal your body – my path really began to unfold.
- What are your 2013 hopes & dreams? Extend the healing possibilities of Bhavana – I’m thinking an Ayurvedic spa for Halifax!
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? Travelling! I just returned from India & completely fell in love with the people. I’m totally inspired to return & study Ayurvedic medicine.
- How did you decide on the name of your business? The sanscrit word ‘bhavana’ is used to describe your intention for your yoga practice. It means ‘to make happen or cultivate’. I opened my boutique, to support yogis to heal, grow & fully enjoy the journey on & off the mat.
- What is it you love most about Bhavana? I get to be creative and conscious, every item is hand-picked with intention behind the brands and the designers.
- How did you come to run your own business? I travelled and lived in Vancouver & Hawaii for the last 15 years. When I returned home I saw a gap in the availability of yogic lifestyle supplies & had always wanted to own my own business.
- What advice do you have for anyone who wants to set up a business doing what they love? Say YES!!! Allow yourself to go beyond your comfort zone, lean into your fears, find ways to be of service to others and… have fun!
- What other passions take up your time? Practicing & teaching yoga, learning to play the ukelele, dancing and long hikes with my pooch, princess Ellie!
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Bjork, Marilyn Monroe, Bob Marley, Vasant Lad and the Dalai Lama.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? My pashmina, raw shea butter, a mango tree, princess Ellie and an endless supply of water.
Thanks Erica & Krista! It’s an absolute pleasure to interview another fabulous inspirational female today, on International Women’s Day.
Krista now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 29 March.
Have a wonderful weekend! G x
p.s. The lovely coincidence about this interview is the fact that my grandmother (Mardi Jones) was from Halifax too (I’m a quarter Canadian) and she too was a truly inspirational woman. She met my grandfather in 1939 when he docked in Halifax with the Navy. They had 10 ‘dates’ and fell in love. After which he returned to sea to hunt German pocket battleships. They wrote to each other over the next 4 years during which time they got engaged.
She then risked her life crossing the Atlantic in a convoy to be reunited with him, during the Battle of the Atlantic – 75 years ago this year. He was still at sea on her arrival in England where she waited patiently for 5 months for his return. They were married the day after he returned on St Andrews Day, 30th November 1943.