Afternoon! Welcome to the new look
#TheFridayInterview also now known as #TheChainofInspiration… Friday is the perfect day to enjoy an inspirational interview, at the earlier time of 4pm, with that last cup of tea before the weekend!
Back in January, Fit Chick Tori agreed to kick-off a new chain of inspirational interviews – #TheChainofInspiration. I’m delighted this afternoon to welcome Tori’s chosen interviewee, Noura El-Imam, founder of Yogalates Bliss in Dubai. Over to you Tori!
“Noura has a contagious energy, a can-do vibe & inspirational entrepreneurial vision for her wonderful company Yogalates Bliss. Noura’s company organises divine yoga retreats, comprehensive yoga training and cool little classes for kids.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? Wow! Reflecting back, I have always loved adventure. Funnily enough I wanted to get involved with the CIA/FBI. I loved detective movies!
- Tell us about your 2013 hopes & dreams? To enable passionate yogis to become certified, to travel to far-flung corners and to dive deeper into Spanish lessons!
- What advice do you have for any would-be yoga teachers? Keep learning new sequences, take up new yoga courses to keep your passion alive & your skills sharp. Stay authentic in your teaching.
- What do you think are the key benefits of yoga? Yoga is wonderful for alleviating stress & allowing you to release muscular tension from the body after running errands the whole day.
- What’s your favourite Yoga position and why? Downward Facing Puppy – decompresses the spine, melts tension round neck & shoulders & is great for super tight hips/overworked muscles.
- Who and what has inspired you the most? My 2011 Yoga & Surf retreat to Bali also inspired me to start my passion of Yogalates Bliss.
- What advice do you have for anyone who wants to set up a business doing what they love? Do it! Don’t give up when things get tough. Obstacles will definitely make you a hell of a lot stronger & when your passion & confidence is there, you’ll succeed.
- What other passions take up your time? Travelling to Muscat for outdoor adventure fun, rock climbing, body pump, swimming, cooking, and photography.
- Who would be your fantasy 5 dinner party guests? Lana Del Ray. Timothy Ferris. Andy Warhol. Sadie Nardini. Marco Pierre White.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? My Canon Powershot G12 (charged for life!), unlimited dark chocolate (I can only wish), coffee, my mp3 player & juicy cold fruits.
If you’ve ever fancied training to be a yoga teacher or doing a course to deepen your own practice, visit www.yogalatesblissindubai.com.
Check out her v cool retreats in Spain and the Alps this summer. Practice yoga with inspirational people & eat wonderful food.”
Thanks Tori and Noura! Now that I’ve been introduced to Yoga (Bikram), I’m very tempted by one of your retreats later this year Noura!
Noura now takes over the baton & will interview someone that inspires her for the next #TheChainofInspiration on Friday 22 February.
Have a great weekend!