Evening! Welcome to
#ThursdayFriday. Tonight’s #5aday is a little different with more of a #SpotLight on my first #MysteryNight of 2013.
On Monday evening, my friend Luce & I went to Jamie Oliver’s Recipease in Notting Hill, to learn how to cook ‘Unbeatable Filled Pasta’ from scratch! Newly opened last August, Notting Hill is the 3rd & largest venue of the franchise, with the original at Clapham Junction & Brighton, the 2nd. The surroundings are light, airy & modern with cafe style seating for other diners around the edge of the ‘kitchen’ area in the middle.
If at first you feel self-conscious ‘performing’ for the other diners, you soon forget. Maybe this is what it’s like to be on a reality TV show?! We were a class of 15 – made up of groups of girls & one couple. After a glass of vino, we donned our aprons & got stuck in!
#5aday follows our 5 step progress from basic ingredients through to scrummy dinner of Jamie Oliver’s ‘Unbeatable Filled Pasta’!
- We each started with 1 free range egg & 100 gms of tipo ‘oo’ flour which we beat vigorously to form our lump of dough.
- Next we kneaded the dough thoroughly (to develop the gluten), back & forth in all directions, until it was smoother in consistency.
- After resting the dough (in clingfilm) we rolled it out through the different settings until thin enough to read a paper through it!
- Then on to the shapes! We made caramelle, tortellini & ravioli filled with a mix of spinach & ricotta which was pre-prepared for us.
- Finally we cooked our beautiful parcels for 1min 30secs in boiling water before adding to melted butter, sage & parmesan & serving.
It’s all pretty easy, but you may wish to download the full recipe for Jamie Oliver’s Unbeatable Filled Pasta here.
It was a fantastic evening. I learnt a new skill, had heaps of fun (while making a mess) & enjoyed a delicious meal, all for only £40 pp!
So, now let’s see what February’s #MysteryNight brings. Over to you Luce! G x