#BookClubWednesday & the first review for 2013. Tonight’s #5aday of books is an eclectic mix of genres for all tastes…
- Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen – This classic celebrates its 200th anniversary next Monday. Time to reread.
- Gone Girl, Gillian Flynn – Toxic tale of two perspectives with many thrilling twists and turns. New in 2013.
- Catching the Sun, Tony Parsons – How does a family cope when paradise turns into hell & happiness into tragedy?
- Zoo City, Lauren Beukes – South African urban fantasy. A cross between Lost & Pullman’s His Dark Materials.
- Swimming Home, Deborah Levy – What appears to be a perfect family holiday turns into a dark story of depression.
5 riveting reads but which will receive the ultimate recommendation in tonight’s
#BookClubWednesday #GTopSpot goes to #1 Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen. We will never tire of Mr Darcy. Happy 200th Birthday! G x
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
Miss Bingley, Pride and Prejudice, Chapter 11.