The D Word…
Welcome to the new look
#SundayTimes #GTime which follows a topical theme of the moment… today’s #5aday #GTime is called ‘The D Word’.
D is for Divorce, Dating, Double-Standards & Dos & Don’ts. As a Divorcee of nearly 3 yrs, I find myself having to face up to all of these D words. Dating is hard & I’m guilty of Double-Standards.
It’s all changed since I last dated over 10 years ago. Online dating is the norm & there are so many dating pitfalls to be wary of. The time between New Year & Valentine’s is not surprisingly the busiest for online dating with a surge of people registering on sites. I don’t like online dating. It’s difficult not to judge people on looks & it’s depressing when you only seem to get contacted by freaks!
Dating is full of rules and game playing, which I loathe. Why can’t we just be ourselves? But then again, I do have double-standards. So as singletons out there are embracing a New Year of online dating, today’s
#5aday is helpful Dos and Don’ts when it comes to Dating.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. If you are online dating, then do take time to read the profiles & don’t just look at the pictures.
- Do go somewhere different on your date. Don’t go to your local. If it’s a rubbish date at least you’ll have enjoyed a new experience.
- Don’t talk about past loves. Everyone has baggage, but there really is no need to drag it up on a date. Talk about positive things.
- Do accept when he (and he should) offers to pay. If you really want to go dutch then offer to pay next time. Let him be a gentleman.
- Do play the game a little. We might say we don’t like games but we all like a bit of a chase… it keeps us on our toes & interested.
To those out there giving online dating a go in 2013. Play the game but be yourself & don’t have double-standards! Good luck & have fun! G x