Good evening & welcome to
#HealthandFitnessFriday. Lots of us have New Year’s Resolutions to lose weight or train towards a challenge.
But it’s sometimes easier said that done. How do you keep motivated? How do you keep up the momentum? Today’s
#5aday aims to help…
- Try to build your fitness programme into your daily schedule. Go to the gym on the way to work or during your lunch break.
- Set yourself realistic goals. Don’t push yourself too far too soon. It’s easy to get impatient to see results but you’ll risk injury.
- Vary your fitness programme & routine to keep it fresh & interesting. This’ll reduce the chance of getting bored in the early stages.
- Exercise with a friend. If you’ve made a commitment with someone else, there’s less chance you’ll bail from your exercise session.
- Visualise your goal. Imagine how you’ll look in those skinny jeans after losing 6kg or how it’ll feel to get a PB in your next race.
5 steps to help you buck the trend and keep to those New Year’s Resolutions. It won’t take long to start seeing results, so be patient!
Have a great weekend & make sure you’ve planned your fitness programme in advance. I’ve got 2 runs & a yoga session to look forward to!