Out with the Old & In with the New
Happy New Year to you all!
In keeping with tradition at this time of year, today’s #WellbeingWednesday #GTime (albeit later than the usual 6pm) is all about New Year’s Resolutions… a new year brings with it the promise of a fresh start, a year of opportunity and great expectations. So what are your new year’s resolutions? Join a gym? Lose a stone? Learn a new language? Stop smoking?
Apparently (according to this morning’s Metro), only 1 in 11 of us will have stuck to our New Year’s Resolutions in 6 month’s time… So, I thought this was a good opportunity to do a little test myself. By putting pen to paper (or the modern-day online equivalent) hopefully I’m more likely to stick to mine if I actually commit to them here, publicly.
So in Ginger and Spice style, my 2013 New Year Resolutions come in my #5aday bite-sized format:
- Get a PB (sub 1hr 54) in the Mull of Kintyre Half Marathon on 26 May 2013.
- Take up Bikram Yoga – to complement my running, increasing my flexibility & reducing the chance of injury.
- Do something new & different each month – a friend & I started this last year, taking it in turns each month to organise a ‘mystery’ night of things we’ve never done before. We lasted until May but are committing to this again…
- Learn a new skill – have yet to decide on what this will be… any ideas? My mother suggested knitting, cooking or gardening… hmm, quite upset about the cooking suggestion!
- Travel to a new country – India, Indonesia and Lithuania are all currently on the shortlist.
So there they are. In writing. My 2013 New Year’s Resolutions. I’ll revisit this post on the 2nd July 2013, and see how I’m getting on. Already I feel it’s going to be easier now that I’ve seen them written down. Go on, have a go yourself!
In the meantime, whether you have resolutions or not this new year, I wish you and your loved ones an exciting and fulfilling 2013!
p.s. I’m also refreshing the Ginger and Spice daily themes this year, so watch this space for your regular(ish) #5aday #GTime posts.