Hello & welcome to #MysteryMonday. 6 months ago I interviewed Michael Wallner before his exhibition at Wimbledon Art Studios… Tonight I’m pleased to welcome Michael back ahead of his next exhibition at the Winter Open Studios Art Show from 22 to 25 November.
You can read Part 1 (The Art of Photography) of the interview here. Part 2 Questions & Answers to follow:
- Tell us a bit about the work you’re exhibiting this week? The new collection includes work on various surfaces; a moving river, a giant jigsaw of London, & works on metallic paper & aluminium.
- What inspired your recent collection/new work? The beautiful shapes and lines of London and its landmarks.
- What advice do you have for any budding artists? Always ask for other opinions but trust your own most of all. Keep going.
- Which other artist(s) exhibiting this week do you admire and recommend visiting? Freire Printz – lovely retro screenprints. Lucy Carty – great mixed media works and L.A. Morton Art – lovely style.
- What ambitions/future projects can you share with us? To see my art in major gallery & offices of top global companies. New ambitious work w/ L.E.D lights & other special effects due in May.
Thanks Michael. Everyone, get down to the Winter Open Studios Art Show from Thurs & visit Michael Wallner in Studio 280 in the red building. G x