Fit for the Festive Season
Welcome to #WellbeingWednesday & in preparation for the party season, today’s #5aday is 5 easy steps to build into your daily routine…
Add these 5 simple steps to your normal exercise regime & you should be fighting fit & ready to wear fabulous frocks this festive season!
- Get up 10 minutes earlier than usual & do some stretches to wake your body & mind ahead of the day’s challenges.
- Start the day with a healthy granola breakfast. See below for my mother’s tasty recipe which includes 13 vital ingredients…
- Suck your tummy and bottom in when walking or sitting at your desk or in the car. This will tone and strengthen your core muscles.
- Get off the tube or bus one stop earlier than normal and walk 5 or 10 minutes further to and from work each day.
- Walk up the stairs whenever possible at work or in the tube station.
So what are you waiting for? Suck that tummy in and take the stairs! Oh and don’t forget to make some yummy granola…
My mother’s special Canadian granola recipe:
Choose a cup that will be your measure for all the 13 ingredients. Add 5 cups of rolled oats into a large roasting tin and 1 cup of the following ingredients:
- Soya flour
- Wheat Germ
- Powdered milk
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Slithered almonds
- Desiccated coconut and
- one tablespoon of yeast powder
Mix the ingredients in the roasting tin and then add 1 cup of sunflower oil and 3/4 cup of runny honey. Mix and stir in the honey and sunflower oil and then place the roasting tin into a hot oven (400F) for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn over the granola. Continue this process until the granola is toasted through to your satisfaction. Once cold, store in a screw-top jar.