Welcome to the #MondayMonthlyInterview when on the 1st Monday of each month, I interview someone doing interesting stuff with their life.
I have just booked my ski holiday to Switzerland for Christmas to stay with my brother who runs a ski business in Verbier & St Anton… I’m pleased to welcome Colin Mayo, co-founder of Bramble Ski as today’s interviewee, as he gets ready for the coming ski season. Bramble Ski have been offering niche luxury chalet ski experiences since 2004.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I was always keen on sports & the outdoors, so ending up living & working in the mountains is not too surprising.
- What makes you get up in the morning/inspires you? The kids! And of course the mountains and what they have to offer each day for us and our clients.
- If you won the EuroMillions, what would you do? Buy our chalet and a camper van to take to Japan to spend a winter exploring their ski resorts.
- Who would your fantasy 5 dinner party guests be? Mallory, Tensing, Andrew Flintoff, Boris Johnson and my grandmother (father’s side) who died when my brother, sister and I were very young.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? My smartphone, a surfboard, my down booties, a round of Raclette cheese and a Swiss Army knife.
- Which is your favourite ski resort? Verbier because of the extensive off-piste and touring opportunities. 7 seasons and I have only scratched the surface!
- Have you had any famous guests stay with Bramble? Yes, but I can’t disclose names. We’ve had ex-footballers, celebrity chefs and TV personalities.
- What advice do you have for anyone interested in setting up their own business? Follow your passion. You have to really love what you are doing as there will be many late nights and early mornings.
- What’s the future for Bramble Ski? More resorts, more luxury, more skiing…
- What do you think sets Bramble apart from other luxury ski experiences? The founders are still very much involved day to day and not only do we ensure we have the best properties and service, but we ensure everyones’ (including our staff) ski experience is the best.
Thanks so much to Colin for taking part in today’s #MondayMonthlyInterview & good luck for the season. Fingers crossed for lots of snow! G x