Hello & welcome to
#ThursdayFriday. Tonight’s #5aday theme features some of my favourite gastropubs around South London…
- The Abbeville Pub, Abbeville Road, Clapham – Charming pub restaurant. Great for Sunday lunch in the winter.
- The Anchor and Hope, The Cut, Waterloo (no website) – Popular spot. No bookings taken. Prepare to wait & then share a table with other diners.
- The Cadogan Arms, King’s Road – A real pub for drinking as well as eating good food. Great for larger groups.
- The Duke, Richmond – Good food & atmosphere. Opt for the informal bar menu or go upmarket in the restaurant.
- The Prince of Wales, Putney – Cosy bar for drinking (& scotch egg) or more formal restaurant area for great food.
5 delicious reasons to venture south for excellent pub food & atmosphere but which will win tonight’s
#GTopSpot Gastropub Gong?
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #2 The Anchor and Hope, The Cut, Waterloo – Bustling atmosphere & scrummy food. Love the sharing options.
p.s. now it’s time to venture out of South London to sample some of the award-winning gastropubs north of the river… G x