Hello & welcome to
#SundayHome where today’s #5aday theme is DIY & 5 tips on getting the most out of your DIY…
My colleague Ryan Carpenter (
@carpohatescats) has kindly provided these tips as he’s a keen DIY-er. With Carpenter as a surname, it must be in his genes.
- 1st rule of DIY – you need to accept that everything takes twice as long, and costs twice as much as you think it will – EVERYTHING!
- Ensure you use the right tools. Fixing a tap with a wrench is much easier than using a screwdriver, a hammer & the spare shelf bracket.
- Google what you don’t know, there’s an expert on everything – http://www.thediyforum.co.uk/ & http://kitchenfittersforum.com/ are good places to start.
- Know your limits. There’s a reason why pros get paid to fit boilers & fuse boxes. Don’t try stuff that is likely to burn your house down.
- Finally make sure that at the end of a job you reward yourself – nothing gets rid of a dusty throat better than cold beer. Nothing.
Thanks Ryan! Some sound advice. I definitely know my limits when it comes to DIY – it’s limited to putting up a picture!
#GTime is back on Tuesday with #TuesdayTreats. Enjoy your Sunday evening… G x