Good evening. I’m delighted to welcome Jane Mayo (my mum) as my next interviewee for today’s second #MondayMonthlyInterview!
Jane is the Chairman of the Campbeltown Picture House, Argyll, Scotland which celebrates its centenary in May 2013.
The Picture House is community owned and run and is the oldest continuously run, purpose-built cinema in Scotland still showing films. On the day of the cinema’s 99th birthday, Jane Mayo answers the following 5 bite-size #GTime questions…
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? “Believe it or not a chartered accountant but my traditionalist father pursuaded me to be a wife & mother, which has been v. rewarding.”
- What makes you get up in the morning? “Sadly at my age I wake far too early and thrash around for an hour or two. It’s a relief then when the alarm finally goes off.”
- If you won the EuroMillions what would you do? “Max prem bonds for the grandkids, pay off all family mortgages, refurb The Picture House with modern tech, 3D & fab new 2nd screen.”
- Who would your fantasy 5 dinner party guests be? “Judi Dench, Barack Obama, Jim Naughtie, Emma Thompson and Aung San Suu Kyi.”
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 things items would you wish you had? “Fresh water for a SHOWER, daily killer SUDOKU, veg SEEDS, SPADE and SUNCREAM.”
Contact me if you know anyone in film who might help The Picture House. They need to raise £2.5 million & Campbeltown population is only 5k. G x