I’m pleased to welcome a guest columnist for today’s #MysteryMonday 5-a-day… Today’s theme is #Motoring courtesy of @richyarrow… Richard Yarrow is a freelance motoring journalist & he’s going to share 5 bite-size thoughts on the latest motoring innovations or trends.
- Renault’s Twizy is the latest commuting innovation. A tandem two-seater, it’s electric & does 60+ miles. Plug it in, charge it up and go.
- Don’t need to own a car? Sell up & join a club to rent one. With cars, bikes, scooters and vans www.mu.peugeot.co.uk is the way forward.
- BP’s collectable Olympic Medallions on sale at fuel stations. Awful engravings of Adlington, Hoy, Redgrave et al – they must be thrilled!
- External car airbags for pedestrians are here. New Volvo V40 has one at base of windscreen to cut head injuries. Rivals will follow suit.
- Driving first Chinese brand car on sale in UK this week. Steed pick-up truck from Great Wall (Great Name!). Floodgates will open v soon.
Thanks Richard for your 5 motoring thoughts this week. My #GTopSpot goes to #2 the car club as this is the perfect solution for me. G x
If you’d like to read more of Richard’s motoring thoughts, check out his blog every Monday and Thursday: http://splutteringtailpipe.blogspot.com G x