Good evening & welcome to #WellbeingWednesday. Did you know that our bodies actually need good fats in order to burn fat?
Today’s 5-a-day is dedicated to 5 good fats to enjoy everyday in moderation… with benefits for the brain, our hearts & our metabolism!
- Olive Oil – Contains polyunsaturated fat which can keep hunger at bay & oleic acid, which helps breakdown of excess fats in the body.
- Avocado – Contains over 1/2 our RDA of fibre, which gives this fruit its fat burning properties plus vitamins A, C, E, K & B6!
- Pistachios – Lower in calories & fat than most other nuts, while high in protein, fibre & other essential vitamins & minerals.
- Cashew Nuts – Significant source of important minerals: iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc & selenium for overall health benefits.
- Dark Chocolate – Good for our hearts & brain, helps control blood sugar levels & contains anti-oxidants & many vitamins & minerals.
5 wonderful reasons to enjoy (in moderation) some of our favourite foods but which is a whole lot of good, in today’s #GTopSpot?!
Today’s #WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot goes to #2 Avocado topped with #1 Olive Oil for being a delicious snack packed full of goodness. G x