Ahead of Sunday’s London Marathon, I’m delighted to welcome back
@FitchickTori as our guest columnist for #WellbeingWednesday today… @FitchickTori is going to share some words of wisdom on choosing running shoes to minimise injury and maximise fitness and well-being. She is very qualified to talk about trainers as she’s got about 30 pairs! She’s an adidas athlete, ultra-runner & writer:
Ginger’s expertise on the Choo front is limited to those and her Loubs so here’s Fit Chick Tori’s advice on choosing running shoes.
- Always take at least a 1/2 size bigger than normal to allow for swelling and to avoid black toenails and other unsightly conditions.
- Always shop later in the day when your feet are more swollen. Morning they tend to be slimmer but later resemble a bulging sausage.
- Support your local running shop! Trying in store & ordering online to save a few ££ is not nice & the running gods will punish you!
- Even on finding your dream shoes, it’s still good to swap & change in order to avoid the exact same stresses & strains on your feet.
- Don’t dismiss colour co-ordination. Look good in a stylish outfit and shoe combo and you will train well and race better. Fact!
If you need to be inspired, are an avid runner or simply enjoy reading, check out Fit Chick Tori’s blog G x