#WellbeingWednesday! Celebs are out in force tonight to celebrate the best of British music at the Brit Awards 2013…
The stars of the British music industry will be strutting their stuff down the red carpet in gorgeous outfits, wearing stunning make-up. So, in celebration tonight’s #WellbeingWednesday is dedicated to the best of British beauty brands & the make-up trends of this season.
- Barry M Trio Eyeshadows - Get a spring in your step in these bold, bright shades @ £5.99.
- Boots No7 Ballerina Beauty Blush Palette - This blush will have you blooming this spring @ £12.
- Butter London Fruit Machine Nail Lacquer in Opaque Punchy Carnation Creme - Punch above your weight in pink @ £13.
- Body Shop Baked-To-Last Bronzer - For the bronzed goddess in you @ £16.
- Burberry Lip Glow in Hipiscus No. 13 - Get lippy in this bright pink @ £18.50.
5 ways to dazzle (& support British brands) on or off the red carpet this season but which will take the stage in tonight’s #GTopSpot?
#WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot goes to #5 Burberry Lip Glow in Hipiscus No. 13 - Bold, bright & beautiful.
Enjoy the Brits tonight everyone & good luck to all the nominees!
Welcome to #SaturdayShopping & my 150th post. In honour, today’s #5aday features 5 brands celebrating significant anniversaries in 2012.
- 20 Years of Christian Louboutin - To celebrate, Louboutin launched a capsule collection of 20 shoes & six bags.
- 30 Years of Calvin Klein Underwear - A special men’s underwear line was launched in honour of this milestone.
- 50 Years of James Bond 007 - Global Bond Day celebrated 50 years on Friday 5 October with the release of Adele’s Skyfall Theme Song.
- 60 Years of Chloe – To celebrate, an exhibition in Paris documents the brand’s contribution to fashion.
- 125 Years of Smythson of Bond Street - A limited edition collection of Panama notebooks & clutches celebrates this milestone.
5 fabulous brands celebrating important milestones in 2012 but which will also celebrate as the recipient of tonight’s #GTopSpot award?
Tonight’s #SaturdayShopping #GTopSpot goes to #5 Smythson of Bond Street for 125 years of luxury from this iconic British brand. G x
Welcome to the
#MondayMonthlyInterview when on the 1st Monday of each month, I interview someone doing interesting stuff with their life.
Today I’m delighted to welcome Abs Shaid, the founder of the Asian Music Awards (AMAs) which celebrates its 10th anniversary in Oct. Abs is working hard to put on the most spectacular event at Wembley Arena on 25 October, showcasing the best music from South Asia.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? “Music production, DJ’ing & gigs were all things that interested me. I got into event management & then created the Asian Music Awards.”
- What makes you get up in the morning? “Working on a project which I’ve been passionate about for the last 10 yrs. Everyday there’s an opportunity to build the event further.”
- If you won the EuroMillions what would you do? “First and foremost I’d take a holiday… A very long one!! In fact I may even just buy myself my own holiday destination!”
- Who would your fantasy 5 dinner party guests be? “Gordon Ramsey, so he can take over in the kitchen! The remaining guests would have to be Barack Obama, Jay Z, Steve Jobs & Kanya King.”
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 items would you wish you had? “My iphone, a box of cigarettes (sorry), my shades, a microwave and my watch.”
Thanks Abs! From Bhangra to Bollywood… the AMAs celebrate the v best of South Asian music & culture from the UK & internationally.
Legendary Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has just been announced as the headline act for 25 Oct. He’ll be performing his popular Bollywood hits. Tickets are ON SALE now. Book now to experience the vibrance & wonder of South Asian music & culture! G x
#ThursdayFriday! As well as amazing sport, there are lots of great cultural experiences to be had as part of the London 2012 Festival.
#London2012 Cultural Olympiad is the largest cultural celebration in the history of the games & today’s #GTime features 5 to visit.
- Road to 2012 at the National Portrait Gallery - Free portrait exhibit following athlete journeys to
- National Gallery’s Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 in collaboration with The Royal Ballet - Reveals Titian’s influence on today’s artists.
- Julius Caesar, Noel Coward Theatre 8 Aug-15 Sept - Part of the World Shakespeare Festival 2012 & London 2012 Festival.
- BBC Proms 2012 - World’s Greatest Classical Music Festival which culminates with Proms in the Park on 8 Sept.
- In the Moment: The Sports Photography of Tom Jenkins, Kings Palace until 24 Aug - Award-winning photography.
5 different cultural events celebrating
#London2012 through art, music & theatre but which will sing for joy in tonight’s #GTopSpot?
#ThursdayFriday London 2012 Festival #GTopSpot goes to #4 BBC Proms 2012 & in particular Proms in the Park. G x
Hello & welcome to
#ThursdayFriday #GTime & today’s theme which showcases 5 great London restaurants around the capital. Bon appetit!
- Automat, American Brasserie, Dover Street - A touch of NYC style in the heart of Mayfair.
- Bumpkin Notting Hill - Town house restaurant off Portabello Road. 4 floors of dining & entertainment.
- Bread Street Kitchen, St Paul’s - Gordon Ramsey’s stylish warehouse restaurant in One New Change development.
- Baltic, Blackfriers Road - Simply stunning setting for modern Eastern European cuisine & vodka.
- Megan’s Deli & Restaurant, King’s Road – Deli by day, restaurant by night. Delicious platters. Pretty courtyard.
5 delicious restaurants, all with their own individual styles & cuisine but which will be served up the honour of today’s
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #2 Bumpkin Notting Hill - Lush food & Attic cabaret entertainment! G x
#ThursdayFriday. Who can believe it’s already nearly the weekend?! Yippee!
After all the festivities of last w/e, we need something to look forward to. Today’s 5-a-day features 5 cool things to do around London.
@DesignMuseum for the amazing Louboutin exhibition - Late nights Weds & Sat until 9 July.
- Head to
@kewgardens for @kewthemusic Kew The Music - Enjoy an outdoor picnic concert in magical surroundings between 3-8 July.
- Watch classic films al fresco at Kensington Roof Gardens or Queen of Hoxton Roof Garden with
- Experience eclectic mix of classical to contemporary music at Spitalfields Music Summer Festival from 8-23 June.
- Head to
@selfridges for The Big Rooftop Tea & Golf Party - Celebrate all things British until 2 Sept. Must book.
Wow! 5 amazing things to do this summer, I think it’s virtually impossible to choose a favourite!!
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #1 @DesignMuseum‘s Louboutin exhibition. Red soles. Need I say more? G x
Hope you’re having Happy Mondays! Today’s
#MysteryMonday is #MusicMonday & I’m proud to welcome back a guest columnist as our DJ today.
@Steve_Kirk is a big festival go-er, and fan of all music, but particularly hip-hop and funk. Over to you DJ SK…
- Slick Rick: Children’s Story. Watched ‘The Sitter’ this month. Rubbish film, great soundtrack.
- Friends: I’m His Girl. The lo-fi video is good too. Love the raw, stripped down sound from this Brooklyn band.
- Cults: Go Outside (2 Bears Remix). Full of jungle/BBoy FX and samples. Sufficiently dirty.
- Escort: Cocaine Blues. A modern disco re-edit of a Dillinger reggae track. It works.
- Reflection Eternal: Fortified Live. Found this on 12″ recently and was made up. Classic from Talib Kweli et al.
@Steve_Kirk for being Ginger’s resident DJ today but which track will top the charts as today’s #GTopSpot winner?
#MusicMonday #GTopSpot goes to #3 Cults: Go Outside (2 Bears Remix). It’s on repeat apparently. Thanks again DJ @Steve_Kirk! G x