#SaturdayShopping! It may officially be spring but the weather is filthy! Weekends like this are made for holing up at home. Today’s #5aday was inspired by a recent trip to The Conran Shop when I fell in love with the bright neon lighting & beautiful displays.
So it may be disgustingly cold out there but bring a bit of spring warmth into the home with today’s
#5aday of bright home accessories!
- Oliver Bonas Neon Water Bottles - Choose from range of bright neon for a splash of colour in the kitchen @ £5.95.
- Heals Pantone Mugs by Whitbread Wilkinson - Choose the right pantone for your home or mood @ £10.
- Amara Pantone Scented Candle – Peach & Rose - Stimulate all the senses with this colourful candle @ £22.
- Graham and Green Felt Gypsy Cushions - Add a pop of colour to your sitting room with these vibrant cushions @ £30.
- Freire Printz Dandelion Clock Limited Edition Screen Print - Brighten up your walls with a stunning print @ £40.
5 brilliantly bright ideas to brighten up the home this dreary weekend but which will brighten up today’s
#SaturdayShopping #GTopSpot goes to #1 Oliver Bonas Neon Water Bottles - The cheap & cheerful option! G x
#TuesdayTreats! With Valentine’s Day looming, be prepared & surprise your partner with more than just flowers this year.
#TuesdayTreats #5aday is 5 different ideas to give to your special someone this Valentine’s Day…
- Liz Prince Design Valentine’s Day Cards - Say I LOVE YOU in a beautifully designed rustic card from £1.50 each.
- The Cutlery Commission Personalised ‘I Love You’ Coffee Spoon - Say I LOVE YOU on an antique silver plated spoon @ £16.
- Artisan Du Chocolat ’Declaration of Romantic Feelings Couture’ - Say I LOVE YOU with choccies @ £20 as recommended by Frances Crute.
- More Than Word Art Personalised ‘Love Is’ Artwork - Say I LOVE YOU in bespoke typographic art from £45 to £305.
- Rockett St George LOVE Neon Light - Say I LOVE YOU in retro neon lights @ £275.
5 unique & special gift ideas for your special someone this Valentine’s Day but which says I LOVE YOU the most in tonight’s
#TuesdayTreats #GTopSpot goes to #4 More Than Word Art Personalised ‘Love Is’ Artwork - Let the words do the talking. G x
Hello & welcome to #MysteryMonday. 6 months ago I interviewed Michael Wallner before his exhibition at Wimbledon Art Studios… Tonight I’m pleased to welcome Michael back ahead of his next exhibition at the Winter Open Studios Art Show from 22 to 25 November.
You can read Part 1 (The Art of Photography) of the interview here. Part 2 Questions & Answers to follow:
- Tell us a bit about the work you’re exhibiting this week? The new collection includes work on various surfaces; a moving river, a giant jigsaw of London, & works on metallic paper & aluminium.
- What inspired your recent collection/new work? The beautiful shapes and lines of London and its landmarks.
- What advice do you have for any budding artists? Always ask for other opinions but trust your own most of all. Keep going.
- Which other artist(s) exhibiting this week do you admire and recommend visiting? Freire Printz – lovely retro screenprints. Lucy Carty – great mixed media works and L.A. Morton Art – lovely style.
- What ambitions/future projects can you share with us? To see my art in major gallery & offices of top global companies. New ambitious work w/ L.E.D lights & other special effects due in May.
Thanks Michael. Everyone, get down to the Winter Open Studios Art Show from Thurs & visit Michael Wallner in Studio 280 in the red building. G x
#ThursdayFriday! As well as amazing sport, there are lots of great cultural experiences to be had as part of the London 2012 Festival.
#London2012 Cultural Olympiad is the largest cultural celebration in the history of the games & today’s #GTime features 5 to visit.
- Road to 2012 at the National Portrait Gallery - Free portrait exhibit following athlete journeys to
- National Gallery’s Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 in collaboration with The Royal Ballet - Reveals Titian’s influence on today’s artists.
- Julius Caesar, Noel Coward Theatre 8 Aug-15 Sept - Part of the World Shakespeare Festival 2012 & London 2012 Festival.
- BBC Proms 2012 - World’s Greatest Classical Music Festival which culminates with Proms in the Park on 8 Sept.
- In the Moment: The Sports Photography of Tom Jenkins, Kings Palace until 24 Aug - Award-winning photography.
5 different cultural events celebrating
#London2012 through art, music & theatre but which will sing for joy in tonight’s #GTopSpot?
#ThursdayFriday London 2012 Festival #GTopSpot goes to #4 BBC Proms 2012 & in particular Proms in the Park. G x
Hello & welcome to
#TuesdayTreats… in place of gifts, today’s theme is gorgeous British-made greetings cards for every occasion.
The following 5 websites & designers all share a passion for creativity & design & they’re all British!
- Lasso the Moon Rebecca Lancaster handmade cards - Inspired by vintage fabrics these are fun & colourful from £2.20.
- Alice Palace hand illustrated greetings cards - Fabulous design-led illustrations for all occasions @ £2.25.
- Bassett & Burton Hand Printed Cards - Equisite hand printed letterpress & silkscreen cards @ £2.50 each.
- Not on the High Street StripeyCats greetings cards - Give joy with these fun, wobbley-eyed animal characters from £2.65.
- Cutture laser cut greetings cards - Stunning card creations for all occasions (including weddings) @ £4.50 each.
5 gorgeous greetings card ranges from British designers but which will take pride of place on the mantelpiece in today’s
#TuesdayTreats #GTopSpot winner is #3 Bassett & Burton Hand Printed Cards - Simple but stunning designs. G x
#ThursdayFriday. Who can believe it’s already nearly the weekend?! Yippee!
After all the festivities of last w/e, we need something to look forward to. Today’s 5-a-day features 5 cool things to do around London.
@DesignMuseum for the amazing Louboutin exhibition - Late nights Weds & Sat until 9 July.
- Head to
@kewgardens for @kewthemusic Kew The Music - Enjoy an outdoor picnic concert in magical surroundings between 3-8 July.
- Watch classic films al fresco at Kensington Roof Gardens or Queen of Hoxton Roof Garden with
- Experience eclectic mix of classical to contemporary music at Spitalfields Music Summer Festival from 8-23 June.
- Head to
@selfridges for The Big Rooftop Tea & Golf Party - Celebrate all things British until 2 Sept. Must book.
Wow! 5 amazing things to do this summer, I think it’s virtually impossible to choose a favourite!!
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #1 @DesignMuseum‘s Louboutin exhibition. Red soles. Need I say more? G x
Happy #ThursdayFriday! The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee is nearly here, so today’s #GTime looks at the best things to do in celebration of this very special occasion.
- Tonight – Get down to the opening of @Selfridges’ Big Beauty Bang tonight (or the closing event next Thursday) – A celebration of all things beautifully British!
- Saturday – Jubilee Garden Party, Hampton Court @HRP_palaces – Dine out at vintage 1950s British garden party.
- Sunday – Visit St Margarets Street Party from 11am followed by drinks at @ShipWandsworth for view of Thames Pageant.
- Monday – Visit Jubilee, Jubilee @MuseumofBrands exhibition – Showcase of past royal jubilee commemorative products.
- Tuesday – Support the Queen’s Jubilee Carriage Procession after the morning’s Thanksgiving Service at St Paul’s.
5 different events for a right royal celebration for Her Majesty but which will be crowned with glory in today’s #GTopSpot?
Today’s #ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #3. The Thames Pageant promises to be an amazing spectacle & celebration! G x
Hello & welcome to #TuesdayTreats. Today’s theme is #Jubilee Gifts – in honour of this very special occasion in our nation’s history.
- @Cath_Kidston Jubilee Tea Towel – Celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee with this traditional English souvenir @ £10.
- @RockettStGeorge Jubliee Queen Elizabeth II Pink Canvas Shopper Bag – Fab printed Six Pence Stamp image @ £15.
- @FortnumandMason Jubilee Biscuit Selection – Popular Piccadilly biscuits in special commemorative tin @ £16.95.
- @tattydevine Bunting Necklace – Classic British bunting to add vintage feel to your street party outfit @ £29.
- @CultureLabel Queen Print by Annie Little – Fabulous print of the original coronation stamp from V&A @ £35.
5 gorgeous gifts to mark the Queen’s Jubilee this coming weekend but which will reign supreme in today’s #GTopSpot?
Today’s #TuesdayTreats #GTopSpot goes to #4 @tattydevine Bunting Necklace - Fun & Flirty Jewellery for the Jubilee. G x
On the first Monday of every month, I’m pleased to announce #MysteryMonday’s new #MondayMonthlyInterview… Starting from today, this new monthly column of 5 bite-size Q&As, will feature different people who are doing interesting things for work or play.
I’m pleased to welcome Michael Wallner @miketv67 as our first interviewee for this inaugural monthly feature! Michael is a photography artist based at @WimbledonArt Studios, specialising in adapting photos into acrylic, neon & canvas works of art.
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? “A child. Who wants to grow up?”
- What makes you get up in the morning? “The alarm on my iPhone… My studio – I pay so much for it I want to get there as early as possible every day!”
- If you won the EuroMillions what would you do? “I would buy a gallery to display my art and other upcoming artists too. Oh and a flat in New York.”
- Who would your fantasy 5 dinner party guests be? “Banksy, Michael McIntyre, Scarlett Johansson, Kermit and Prince Harry.”
- Who are your 5 fave people you follow on Twitter? “@wengerknowsbest, @MrsStephenFry, @mrjohnofarrell, @RupertMurdochPR and @iamwillpearson.”
Michael will be showcasing his work at The Open Studios Art Show at Wimbledon Art Studios between 10 May & 13 May. For 4 days @WimbledonArt
Studios, home to London’s largest community of artists, will be open to the public. Make a date to visit @miketv67
! G x
Inspired by yesterday’s flamingo theme, today’s
#SundayHome features 5 different ideas for beautiful bird-themed wall art.
@RockettStGeorge Birdcage Wall Stickers - Show your style with small & large combo @ £34.95 & £54.95 each.
@notonthehighst Butterflies Wall Stickers by Frank & Fearless - Perfect to transform a bedroom wall @ £42.
@dwelluk Flamingo Wall Sticker - On trend neon flamingo to brighten up a white wall @ £45.
@LauraAshley__ Mirrored Bird Wall Art - Majestic. Made of many individual mirrored pieces @ £69.30.
- ‘Surface View Two’ Birds in Flight Canvas by Nic Miller - Exclusively reproduced on to canvas for up to £280.
5 winged wonders wall art to add a touch of individual style to your home but which will fly into today’s
#SundayHome #GTopSpot goes to #1 @RockettStGeorge Birdcage Wall Stickers for a unique stylish look which will transform a room. G x