Hello and welcome to today’s short and sweet #5aday and my last post until Thursday 21st March.
It’s #SundayTimes and I’m currently writing this while chilling, after a day’s skiing in Verbier, Switzerland.
My #5aday today is made up of the key highlights of this week’s holiday.
1. Rest and Relaxation – I’ve had a very busy past month back in London, and the mountain surroundings are the perfect environment to blow the cobwebs away.
2. Catching up with family – I’m staying with my brother until Thursday and get to spend some valuable time with my two beautiful nieces, who I haven’t seen since Christmas.
3. Skiing – Obviously this is high up the agenda although the conditions today lend themselves more to après than ski! On Thursday I then move to Crans Montana for the City Ski Championship and somehow I’ve managed to get roped into a dual and giant slalom race on Friday. Help!
4. Après-Ski – Clearly this is also on the agenda, especially from Thursday onwards. I might not be quite so refreshed come a week tomorrow!
5. Sunshine – Today has been a glorious day as you can see from the pics, so fingers crossed we’ll have some more sunshine but to be honest we could do with some more snow too.
So that’s it… I’m taking some much needed #GTime Out from my regular #5aday. I will tweet the odd pic or two though, in an effort to make everyone back home as jealous as possible!
Take care and see you back here for #GTime business as usual on Thursday 21st March.
#SaturdayShopping time… With London Fashion Week comes talk of A/W13 trends to watch out for but what about looking hot this winter?
In preparation for skiing in a few weeks, tonight’s
#5aday features gear to make you stand out on the slopes & ensure you ski in style.
- Gucci Goggles in Silver - With double lenses & special technology to stop fogging. Very regardez-moi @ £125.
- Sorel Joan of Arctic Boot - Non-slip, warm & waterproof can be stylish with these boots @ £155.
- Giro Sheer White Helmet - You can’t take safety lightly on the slopes, so protect yourself in this @ £159.99.
- The North Face Women’s Free Thinker GTX Pant - These bright yellow trousers will help you in the bumps @ £319.99.
- The North Face Women’s Chaletta Down Jacket - Warm, windproof, waterproof AND highly wearable in blue @ £329.99.
5 essentials to ensure you look hot while on the slopes and during apres-ski but which will slalom its way into tonight’s
#SaturdayShopping #GTopSpot goes to #5 The North Face Women’s Chaletta Down Jacket - Stay warm & look cool.
Evening! Welcome to
#SundayTimes & today’s #5aday #SkiSunday. In a month I head off to the Swiss Alps for skiing in Verbier & Crans Montana.
I’ve written a few skiing related posts before, so today’s
#5aday revisits some of these to give you inspiration if planning a ski break.
- Powder or Party or both? What are your priorities when planning your ski holiday? Read ‘Powder or Party?’ for 5 resort suggestions.
- If you answered both to #1 then Verbier is ideal. Read ‘Best of Verbier’ for 5 of the best places to ski & party in Verbier.
- If you’re interested in going somewhere with a difference then check out these 5 picture perfect ski resorts (from Gstaad to Kicking Horse).
- To maximise your skiing fun & fitness, read these 5 steps for all you need to get into shape to hit the slopes.
- Read my final ski-inspired post – an interview with Bramble Ski’s director Colin Mayo, on the business of skiing.
All this talk of skiing is teasing me, especially as the snow is so amazing at the moment. Bring on March – only 28 sleeps to go!
Enjoy the rest of your evening & Kung Hei Fat Choy! All the best for the Chinese New Year. May the year of the snake be a prosperous one.
Welcome to #ThursdayFriday! Tonight’s #5aday is Après (without the Ski) in London… Enjoy the following winter-themed bars this winter.
- Bodo’s Schloss, High Street Ken - Newly opened Austrian Ski Lodge bar, restaurant & disco with DJ in ski gondola!
- Forzawin(ter), E2 - Summer rooftop supperclub has turned all wintery with rugs, mulled wine & cheese Fonduta.
- Montague Ski Lodge, Bloomsbury - Pine trees, snow, ski racks, fairy lights & 12 different flavoured vodkas!
- Piste Bar @ Archer Street, Soho - Newly opened basement bar themed with old wooden skis & snow shoes on the wall.
- Tom’s Skate Lounge, Somerset House - Après-Skate from newly launched cosy bar overlooking the ice rink.
5 cool yet cosy bars to enjoy Après (without the Ski) this winter season but which will be dancing on the tables in tonight’s #GTopSpot?
Tonight’s #ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #5 Tom’s Skate Lounge, Somerset House - Après-Skate is the new Après-Ski! G x
#GTime is back after a few days’ break over the long Easter weekend. Had an amazing time in the beautiful Swiss alpine town of Verbier…
But as much as the skiing was good & the après excellent, I am now looking forward to some healthy eating & my
#GTime 5-a-day of course!
I had a cheese (& booze) overload, so
#WellbeingWednesday today features 5 healthy recipes to help with the post holiday diet!
- Soy-baked salmon with zingy salsa from
@jamieoliver - With the healing powers of ginger & the kick of chillies!
- Mexican enchiladas from
@ivillageuk - If I’m having cheese withdrawal symptoms this contains the low-fat option!
- Caramel soy roast vegetables recipe from
@C4insider - More than your 5-a-day veggies plus ginger! Delicious.
- Vietnamese chicken salad from
@marksandspencer - Chicken, Carrot, Cucumber, Chilli & Coriander & 274 Calories!
- Japanese style beef salad from
@olivemagazine - Full of fresh flavours including radishes & my favourite ginger!
5 scrumptious healthy dinner options to help kick-start the diet but which will emerge from the weigh-in as today’s
#WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot today goes to #5 Japanese style beef salad from @olivemagazine for a tasty meal & only 242 calories.
Now, let’s get cooking! Enjoy your evening & maybe this has helped inspire your recipe choice for this evening? Bon appetit! G x
A few weeks ago Verbier was the
#GTopSpot in my skiing feature. Fast forward & there’s now only one more sleep until I hit the slopes!
I’m proud to welcome www.brambleski.com as today’s
#ThursdayFriday guest columnist – recommending the best places to ski & party in Verbier…
- Best for on piste skiing (currently): Lac de Vaux. Check out Welove2ski’s guide - Some fun off-piste sections.
- Best off piste skiing: Backside of Mont Fort – check out Welove2ski’s guide - For very advanced, with a guide.
- Best Après-ski:
LeRouge_Verbier or Farinet - Both worth experiencing. One’s messier than the other!
- Best Fondue & Raclette: Le Caveau - Ideal for the evenings as no sun terrace. Gets busy, so book in advance
- Best Clubbing:
Public_Verbier or Farm Club NevaiHotel - For fun times into the very early hours!
Thanks www.brambleski.com for great advice! Bramble Ski offer niche luxury chalet ski experiences. Check out more here. G x
Easter is fast approaching & I’m in the midst of planning my next ski trip out to Verbier with friends (while visiting family). The ski conditions this season have been incredible, so now’s the time to get booking that last minute ski trip for Easter.
Here’s my #ThursdayFriday pick of 5 of the best places to go skiing depending on what it is you’re looking for…
- Verbier, Switzerland - Famous for its vast and varied on & off-piste options but also renowned for fab nightlife.
- 3 Valleys, France - Courchevel is playground for super-rich. Good facilities. Meribel suitable for intermediates.
- St Anton, Austria - Home to the best après-ski in Alps. The Mooserwirt is wild. Also good off-piste skiing.
- Chamonix, France - Only for advanced & hard-core. Terrain & spectacular scenery make it perfect for ski-touring.
- Whistler, Canada - Further afield but superb variety of terrain & controlled off-piste skiing. Big on service.
Well this is a mountainous decision but my
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #1 Verbier, Switzerland for skiing, apres & family (who live there!).
Shout out to www.brambleski.co.uk for those looking for luxurious chalets with first-class skiing and service in Verbier and St Anton. G x