Hope you’re having a lovely weekend. Today’s
#SaturdayShopping looks at my 5 steps to getting ready for my friend’s wedding today.
- Wash and blow dry from Pete
@Aveda salon ‘Vertigo’ in St Margarets.
@MAC_MAKEUP applied by the team @bentalls, Kingston.
- Shellac Mani & Pedi in ‘Rubble’ colour by Mercedes at Kleo Nails, Richmond.
- Beautiful dress in taupe made in India by one of the designers from
- Turquoise patent bag from
@LKBennettOnline, nude patent @LouboutinWorld peep-toe shoes and turquoise @tattydevine name-necklace.
Ready! Now let’s get to St Michael’s Church for the big event. Must remember a hanky! G x
#ShoeFriday & #Cocktail o’clock! To celebrate the beautiful weather this week here’s my selection of 5 pairs of sexy summer shoes.
- Kia Carvela
@Kurt_Geiger Summer Wedge in black patent http://bit.ly/H0QkbX - Cute wedges to wow this summer @ £95.
- Away metallic Carvela Slingback Sandals from
@Selfridges http://bit.ly/GY2J6K - Slingback sparkling suede shoes to shine in @ £120.
- Dietrich Lattice Strappy Sandles in Turquoise from
@REISS http://bit.ly/HhogFW - Vibrant sexy heels to kick up a fuss about @ £169.
@LouboutinWorld Cork Wedges from @NETAPORTER http://bit.ly/HgH4o3 - Paint splatter-effect for city chic style @ £375.
- Fay Court Shoe from
@ginashoes http://bit.ly/HgEez9 - Pretty in turquoise patent on orange & white polkadot with cute bow @ £475.
5 sensational shoes to showcase your style this summer but which pair will step up to the mark in the
#GTopSpot this #ShoeFriday?
#ShoeFriday #GTopSpot goes to #5 @ginashoes Fay Court Shoes. Team with a pair of white skinny jeans for a cute look this summer. G x
Next week we benefit from a long weekend so today’s
#ThursdayFriday column looks at 5 exhibitions to keep you busy over #Easter.
- Wild Planet
@NHM_London http://bit.ly/FPpkSg until 30 Sept. Free outdoor exhibit of previous Wildlife Photographer of Year photos.
- Yayoi Kusama
@Tate Modern http://bit.ly/x5cxkp until 5 June. Famous for variety of art forms using psychadelic colors & repetition.
- British Design 1948–2012 Innovation in the Modern Age
@V_and_A http://bit.ly/z70rhv until 12 August. The best of British art/design.
- All About Eve: The Photography of Eve Arnold
@ArtSensus http://bit.ly/FUAeQ0 until 27 April. A celebratory showcase of her work/life.
- Terence Conran The Way We Live Now
@DesignMuseum http://bit.ly/GY6Ugz until 12 April. Explores his impact on modern British life.
#ThursdayFriday #GTopSpot goes to #2 Yayoi Kusama @Tate Modern. Check out @TimeOutLondon‘s review here: http://bit.ly/HaPn0i. G x
While the fabulous weather continues to brighten up our days, thoughts turn to getting our bodies in bikini shape, smooth & hair-free.
So in prep for summer, today’s
#WellbeingWednesday features 5 of best #waxing salons in & around London. Brazilian or Hollywood?
- The Wax Bar, St Margarets 07905 774582 – Nicola & Emma – Lycon Hot Wax for long-lasting smooth finish & no pain! Wax menu £16 – £36.
- Oh Darling!, East Sheen 020 8876 7226 - Wax menu £10 – £40. Afterwards browse lush temptations upstairs in Alice & George.
- Strip, St Paul’s – Buy course of 5 & get 6th free. Wax menu £23 – £52. Finish by browsing the beautiful lingerie boutique.
- Heaven V, Virgin Active, Bank - Lycon Hot Wax treatments. Wax menu £20 – £47. Begin with session in the gym or another treatment.
- The Spa, Roko Chiswick 0208 747 5756 - Wax menu £17 – £35. Why not also treat yourself to another treatment from the Elemis menu?
5 waxing options to get you bikini-ready. Today’s
#WellbeingWednesday #GTopSpot goes to #3 Strip, St Paul’s for best results & no pain! G x
To celebrate the beautiful weather, today’s
#TuesdayTreats looks at 5 treats under £50 for yourself, in on trend seasonal pastels.
- Hervana Benefit Face Powder - Pastel shades to give your cheekbones a pretty glow @ £23.50.
- Design your own Tatty Devine custom made Name Necklace - Necklace looks cool in pretty pastel shades from @ £27.50.
- Fine wool fringed scarf from Zara in pastel mint green - Feel and look minty fresh @ £25.99.
- Lady Soft Sky Swatch Watch - Celebrate official British Summer Time with a pretty pastel colour watch @ £32.
- Little Birdie Hardcase Clutch from Accessorize - Pretty in pale green will make girlfriends envious @ £35.
My 5 picks in pretty pastels but which will receive today’s
#GTopSpot pick of the pastel bunch goes to #2 Tatty Devine custom made Name Necklace for being lush & a very cool #TuesdayTreats winner! G x
Thinking ahead to Saturday’s 30km in Paris with
@FitchickTori my ultra-running pal has agreed to share some tips on how best to prepare.
I’m excited to welcome
@FitchickTori as our guest columnist for today’s #WellbeingWednesday. 5 race tips to follow…
- Sleep well in the days prior, stress little, hydrate lots (not wine) and eat healthy, nutritious, wholesome foods.
- Try to visualise the entire race; how you will feel, the sights, smells, the terrain, the hot French boys around you…
- Lay everything out the night before – clothes, bib, pack & make sure you’ll look good just in case a cameraman takes a pic!
- Think about how running that far makes you 100% entitled to feast at aid stations – cheese, baguettes, chocolates & more.
- Be motivated by the end result – finish line, hot shower, French wine, massage and shopping galore!
@FitchickTori for your inspiring words! For more tips and tricks, motivation and much, much more, check out http://t.co/Q2a2KYiZ. G x
Got nieces, godchildren? Need ideas for
#presents that are beautiful yet practical?
#TuesdayTreats theme is children’s gifts. Some of my nieces/godchildren have already been recipients of these or soon will be!
- Men at Work Melamine Set from Emma Bridgewater
@EB_Stoke http://bit.ly/wwFDql - Excellent present to make tea-time fun @ £19.95.
- Beatrix Potter – The Complete Tales
@Waterstones http://bit.ly/FQ8PUL - A perfect way to introduce children to the stories @ £21.10.
- Le Toy Van Noah’s Ark Shape Sorter http://bit.ly/wxa9yA - Combines fun of story with challenge of sorting wooden shapes @ £23.86.
- Polka Dot Melamine Dollies’ Tea Set by Emma Bridgewater
@EB_Stoke http://bit.ly/FPxN5P - Brighten up children’s tea-parties @ £32.95.
- Bumble Bee Wheely Bug from
@WoodenToyShopUK http://bit.ly/zWw61D - One of original designs & extremely popular ride on toy @ £60.99
5 fun, colourful & beautiful children’s gifts to brighten up any playroom but which will claim today’s
#TuesdayTreats #GTopSpot goes to #4 Polka Dot Melamine Dollies’ Tea Set by @EB_Stoke as I love make-believe tea with my nieces! G x
#MysteryMonday theme & 5-a-day has been chosen by guest columnist @Steve_Kirk who will be showcasing his favourite 5 t-shirts…
Influenced by the beautiful spring weather in London, and with one eye on summer, I chose five men’s T-shirts to start a conversation.
- Simple but effective ‘70s New York-style T-shirt from Adidas http://t.co/yt1yA2o2 - From a new Originals range and £29.
- Can’t argue with the classic Obey face icon http://t.co/P4dEjJZB - This black shirt is £25 from Bond International
- Lovin’ this Run DMC-inspired Tee from Upper Playground http://t.co/CPK9zbIw - UK shop is on Kingly Street in London
- Didn’t get a ticket? No worries, grab this Olympics-inspired ‘Penna’ shirt http://t.co/ThvFqJVS - from Supreme Being £30.
- ‘Hound’ by
@supersupertweet http://t.co/yZGPnBNO - Who could argue with a big eared dog on a brown T-shirt? Not me.
@Steve_Kirk for your pick of 5 cool t-shirts – but which will claim today’s #GTopSpot?
My favourite? ‘Hound’ by
@supersupertweet - A great shirt from a top outlet with a variety of designers on their books.
Hope you enjoyed today’s
#MysteryMonday guest feature… more guest appearances coming soon & @Steve_Kirk will be back again next month. G x
I was inspired by the ‘Glow for it’ feature in
@Livingetc this month – so today’s #SundayHome 5 items have metallic hues to wow guests.
- Coat of Arms canvases by Kelly Hoppen via Graham and Brown http://bit.ly/z6vibk - Be inspired by The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee @ £15.
- Stud padded gold frame from
@dwelluk http://shar.es/psjgM - Stud finish brings a bit of rock and roll glamour to any room at £29.
- Swan Lake Wallpaper from Nina Campbell’s Sylvana Collection http://bit.ly/xZ7IWx - Add one statement wall to a room @ £54 a roll.
- Kartell Cindy Bronze Table Lamp from
@johnlewisretail http://bit.ly/wl3TEV - Brighten a room & dazzle guests with 70s styling @ £149.
- Gold Moroccan Leather Pouffe from
@GrahamandGreen http://bit.ly/ytMwx9 - Bring a touch of traditional Morocco to your home @ £159.
So if those 5 metallic items weren’t enough to inspire you, here’s a glamourous look to tempt you even further http://bit.ly/FPZN8n.
But which of these 5 bronzed beauties will win today’s
The Golden Crown
#SundayHome #GTopSpot honour goes to #3 Swan Lake Nina Campbell Wallpaper for wall-to-wall glamour & individuality. G x
In-keeping with Thursday’s
#skiing theme, today’s #SaturdayShopping showcases 5 different ski accessories for stylish skiing this Easter.
As it’s the end of the season you can also pick up some pretty good bargains on all the top
#ski clothing brands from @snowandrock:
- Level Radiator Gore-Tex XCR gloves http://bit.ly/AE6ldL - GORE-TEX with XCR Product Technology to keep you warm & dry @ £71.99.
- Icon Custom Air Helmet by Salomon http://bit.ly/y8YfaR - Protection, comfort & performance. Keep your sensible head on @ £100.
- Oakley Elevate Polished White goggles with Polarized Fire Iridium lens
@oakleysports http://bit.ly/x2cLzw - Get eyed up in these @ £119.
- Degré 7 Tsilia Breathset Faux Fur Jacket http://bit.ly/AavGEk - Stylish, comfortable & warm. Perfect for the skiing & the apres @ £135. (Now out of stock)
- KJUS Women’s Formula Pant Reg in Orient Blue http://bit.ly/ysll00 - Full of performance technology to ensure stylish skiing @ £304. (Now out of stock)
A winning combination of 5
#skiing accessories to make you look hot in the cold… but which will take today’s #GTopSpot?
#SaturdayShopping #GTopSpot goes to #4 Degré 7 Tsilia Breathset Faux Fur Jacket – glam & great value at 50% off. G x